The Director of Business and Finance is a member of the administrative leadership team and reports to the Head of School. This position oversees all aspects of the school’s business and finance operations. The Director is responsible for the accounting operations of the school, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP. The position also oversees and assists with payroll, purchasing, and human resource functions of the Business Office.
The Director will participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the school community in a manner that supports and promotes Allen Academy’s mission.
* Oversees all school purchasing, financial investments, banking activities, payroll and employee benefit programs * Provides for the securing of an annual audit of the school’s financial records and financial positions * Prepares a monthly operating statement and cash flow statement for the Head of School and the Board of Trustees * Provides a monthly report of expenditures for use of each individual budget center within the school * Manages risk at the school to ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities and to maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and to cover the liability of the school * Oversees the preparation and monitoring of the budget to include variance and forecasting reports and works with budget holders concerning budget performance * Manages the staff member primarily responsible for the accounts payable, expense reporting, fixed asset accounting and annual 1099 preparation * Establishes and communicates accounting, human resources, and other business office policies to employees and monitors compliance of such policies * Attends required meetings by the Head of School * Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, CPA or CGMA strongly preferred * Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments * A sense of integrity in personal and professional interactions * Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers * Ambassadorial skills of building relationships * Strong communication skills; written, in personal interactions, and in a group setting * A capacity to lead that promotes collaboration and improvement * Effective problem solving and keen analytical ability which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting * Strong organizational skills * Ability to work in a team environment and be a positive, team player
The mission of Allen Academy is to educate young people - intellectually, aesthetically, socially, physically, and morally - so they become responsible, contributing citizens and fulfilled individuals.
• College preparatory curriculum pre-school through 12th grade
• Rigorous curriculum and extra-curricular programs that challenge students to excellence in the classroom and on the playing field
• Small class sizes and individual attention from a highly qualified faculty dedicated to fostering a love of learning Global learning perspective emphasizing 21st Century skills in a multi-cultural setting NAIS and SACS accredited Learning-focused curriculum beyond standardized testing
• State-of-the-art facilities on a 40-acre campus
• 100% college acceptance rate