East Foundation is seeking a motivated Staff Accountant to help us make informed decisions regarding the assets we’ve been entrusted with. If you have a passion for seeing your work make a difference, come join our accounting team.
The successful applicant will contribute individually and as part of a collaborative team working alongside our diverse staff to meet our mission to advance land stewardship through ranching, science, and education. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for tracking and recording all transactions within the company, preparing and reviewing financial statements for a wide array of assets and programs supporting our mission, and a host of other activities associated with a large land and ranching enterprise. An ideal applicant should be a detailed-oriented and analytical thinker whose work will assist leadership in making informed decisions about upcoming projects and annual budgets.
Priorities and Responsibilities
• Reconcile bank accounts.
• Prepare journal entries.
• Review and reconcile general ledger.
• Fixed asset quarterly maintenance.
• Review and update credit card transactions, and load file into accounting software.
• Prepare and distribute monthly budget to actual reports to budget managers.
• Assist in tax filings.
• Keep processes documented and up-to-date and suggest process updates to the supervisor.
• Provide outside auditors with assistance; gather necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
• Maintain knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree in Accounting and 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience.
Required Skills and Abilities
An organized, detail-oriented team player who meets deadlines, can manage concurrent projects, and who motivates team members to reach their goals.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – verbal, written, and presentation.
• Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
• Ability to read and analyze financial reports.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong Excel skills.
• QuickBooks knowledge a plus.
• Sage Accounting software experience a plus.
• Self-starter and strong ethical standards.
Salary and Benefits
East Foundation offers a market competitive compensation package. This position is full-time, salaried with benefits that include insurance (health, dental, and vision), retirement, and a generous vacation and sick leave policy. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Location and Travel
This position is in-person at the Foundation’s San Antonio office. Occasional overnight travel to the ranches and Foundation events is a requirement.
Please send the following documents to Cindy Pavlicek at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
• A cover letter describing your background, relevant experience, accomplishments, and interests
• Full resume — include all skills and proficiencies, volunteer experience, and/or other accomplishments, as well as a list of at least three professional references.
The East Foundation is a non-profit tax-exempt organization established in 2007 upon the passing of Robert C. East on June 18, 2007. The Foundation operates six ranches across approximately 217,000 acres of south Texas native rangelands making it one of the largest private landowners in both Texas and the nation. With administrative offices in San Antonio, the Foundation deploys a staff of over 40 throughout south Texas to meets its mission to promote the advancement of land stewardship through ranching, science, and education.