Income Tax Return Coordination Functions - Assist Tax Manager/Family Office Supervisor in coordinating tax preparation with various CPA’s, which consists of:
· Accumulating information from outside and inside sources.
· Following up on all open items.
· Reconciling Form 1099’s to cash received.
· Preparing schedules to be used in preparing tax return(s).
· Processing estimated tax payments for clients and tracking all federal and state tax payments and refunds.
· Roll forward basis in partnerships to properly reflect tax basis.
· Maintaining list of federal and state carry forwards for regular tax and alternative minimum tax, which includes carry forwards for capital losses, passive losses, net operating losses, and “at risk” losses.
· Maintaining depreciation schedules.
· Accumulate information from internal and external sources to generate and maintain comprehensive, tax basis records for family groups consisting of individuals, estates, trusts, corporations, foundations, and partnerships.
· Generate and maintain tax basis general ledgers and financial statements as needed.
· Maintain supporting documentation for general ledger input.
· Reconcile discrepancies between outside and internal reports in order to properly record information.
· Prepare various financial reports, budgets, and schedules as requested.
· Reconcile bank statements.
· Maintain and reconcile payroll and checking accounts.
· Onboard new employees and collect required documentation.
· Communicate with employees for collection of hours/expenses and follow up on questions/requests from employees.
· Process payroll using ADP Payroll Services.
· Maintain employee files.
Bill Paying Functions
· Responsible for maintaining the complete process of client’s bill pay function which includes maintaining bill pay schedule, collecting bills, reviewing for accuracy, direct communication with vendors, processing for approval, handling any follow-up, and reporting.
· Experience in bill pay systems is a plus but not required.
Capital Asset Maintenance
· Maintain capital asset files, including rolling forward cost basis and accumulated depreciation for various entities.
· Prepare lists detailing capital asset additions and deletions to be used in preparing tax returns.
Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, and Word.
Public accounting experience is a plus, but not required.
At least five years of experience in above Job Description tasks.
Legacy Trust Company, N.A. was founded in 1984 as a state chartered trust company serving the needs of a local family. From those beginnings, Legacy has evolved into a nationally chartered, full-service trust company with clients throughout the United States. With over $4.0 billion in assets under administration, Legacy has assembled a talented team of trust, family office, and investment professionals well-versed in the issues faced by ultra-high net worth families. With offices in Houston, Texas and Wilmington, Delaware, Legacy Trust has the scale and adaptability to meet your family’s unique needs.