The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) is the leading national and international association representing the interests of respiratory therapists and healthcare providers with an interest in cardiopulmonary medicine.
Our mission is to advance professional excellence and science in the practice of respiratory therapy, serving the profession, patient, caregivers and the public.
As the largest respiratory association in the country, the AARC has more than 40,000 members. Since 1947, the AARC has advanced the arts and science of the respiratory care profession, advocated for enhanced access to the respiratory therapist and provided world class continuing education to the respiratory therapist and interdisciplinary audiences.
This AARC is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to oversee all financial and accounting functions for the Association and its subsidiaries, developing a financial strategy to best support the mission of the AARC. The CFO will report directly to the Executive Director and will be a key member of the senior leadership team, helping to set and achieve the AARC’s financial and strategic goals.
- The CFO will drive the financial strategy of the Association, overseeing all financial and accounting functions, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial results to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- The CFO will be a strategic partner to the Executive Director, an able and trusted advisor in strategic decisions, setting near and long-term strategy, and communicating the strategic vision across all levels and functions of the Association, upgrading the financial reporting capabilities to provide timely and thoughtful financial information to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- The CFO will possess an Association-wide operating orientation and provide sound advice and counsel to the Executive Director and senior leadership team as well as the Board on financial performance, key financial issues, and the effect of these issues on the broader strategies of the AARC.
- Actively partner with the Executive Director and other senior management; provide influence on the operations and strategy of the Association
- Provide strident leadership across the finance and accounting department; ensure the department is enabled to serve other departments within the AARC
- Interface with the Executive Director daily and Board of Directors on a periodic basis; in particular, with regards to financial strategy and performance
- Maintain the Association’s financial integrity
- Help to identify mission critical KPIs and streamline systems and processes to be able to track those KPIs in real time for benefit of the senior leadership team and Board of Directors
- Act as a catalyst to support change initiatives in concert with the senior leadership team.
- Provide strong oversight of financial controls, measurements, and systems
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for all aspects of the treasury function to ensure the financial viability and stability of the Association
- Establish and maintain healthy banking relationships.
- Maintain all policies and procedures to control cash and outflows, including opening and closing of bank accounts, updating signature rights for existing bank accounts, improving payment methods, and other bank-related tasks
- Develop accurate and reliable financial forecasts for Executive Director and Board
- Provide counsel on sound financial strategy, policies, and practices
- Review the financial impact of major business decisions and operational issues
- Participate in strategic planning and in setting financial goals and objectives for the Association
- Plan and implement all financial strategies outlined by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors
- Direct the analysis and development of budgets in coordination with the long-term planning function; present budgets for review and approval by the Board of Directors
- Analyze, interpret, and report operating results in the most efficient manner
- Optimize the month- and year-end closing processes to enable better management of the Association through faster access to information
- Manage the general accounting activities in A/P, A/R, and GL
- Oversee tax-reporting functions for Association and subsidiaries
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and laws
- Interact with external auditors to ensure compliance with fiscal and legal requirements
- Review all formal accounting procedures, processes, and administration, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the systems going forward
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting
- Oversee the risk management function, including risk management policies, procedures, and compliance
- Review risk analyses; determine and monitor insurance requirements, coverage, and renewals
- Collaborate and work effectively with all levels of leadership and staff to ensure smooth operations and quick resolution of issues
- Ensure the roles, responsibilities, authorities, accountabilities, and performance measures of direct reports are defined, understood, and enforced
- Empower team to own and execute their roles while providing oversight and guidance
- Establish, evaluate, and improve policies, systems, and procedures for effectiveness; implement changes to improve department performance.
- Administer financial information systems and seek ways to improve financial reporting and controls.
- Administer accounting research and compliance activities as necessary
- Experience as a Chief Financial Officer
- Strong financial leadership experience
- Ten or more years’ experience in a senior financial management position
- Experience in finance, accounting and budgeting
- Experience successfully implementing IT systems upgrades or change and experience in automating functions across an organization
- A leadership mindset and demonstrated ability to attract and retain key talent
- Experience working for a non-profit or Association is highly desirable
- ERP system experience – Sage Intacct in particular is desirable
- Ability to drive change effectively in a collaborative environment
- Outstanding leadership skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity and quantitative analytical problem-solving, and the ability to engage with other senior leaders in addressing complex issues with a strategic mindset
- Cultural fit is very important and includes professionalism, collaboration, a positive spirit, energy, and a strong commitment to the mission of the Association
- Must be proactive and detail-oriented yet be able to see the bigger picture
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to build and foster relationships with the Association is imperative
- Demonstrated track record of the highest personal integrity and ethical compliance
- An undergraduate degree is required. - CPA certification and/or MBA highly desirable - CAE certification desirable
- Dallas/Fort Worth Area – local candidate preferred - This is not a remote position
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary range $160k-$180k based on experience - 401K match - Bonus program - Strong health care benefits package
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter which highlights your experience in the key areas highlighted about to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) is the leading national and international association representing the interests of respiratory therapists and healthcare providers with an interest in cardiopulmonary medicine. Our mission is to advance professional excellence and science in the practice of respiratory therapy, serving the profession, patient, caregivers and the public. As the largest respiratory association in the country, the AARC has more than 40,000 members. Since 1947, the AARC has advanced the arts and science of the respiratory care profession, advocated for enhanced access to the respiratory therapist and provided world class continuing education to the respiratory therapist and interdisciplinary audiences.