Our firm is currently conducting a search for a Tax Senior Manager/Tax Director for our confidential Public Accounting client. They are a privately held CPA firm offering tax and consulting services to ultra high net-worth individuals, families, and small to medium sized businesses. They are looking for someone with strong business tax experience, high net-worth experience, or both, to lead and mentor the company.
Recently recognized as No.1 out of 550 "Best of the Best" CPA Firms nationwide by Inside Public Accounting for the SECOND year in a row, this firm serve some of the most exclusive and well-respected clients in Texas. They have increased profits every year since inception, including during COVID.
Located: San Felipe & St. James Place Starting Salary: $150 - $250k + DOE, plus 10-20% bonus
Perks: - Brand new office space - Paid covered parking - EXCELLENT benefits - Rapid upward mobility potential - 10-20% Semi-Annual Bonus!! - Technically excellent support staff - Flexible schedule - Work from home flexibility- at least 1 day/week Pre-COVID - On-site fitness center - Fun corporate & family events (crawfish boil, family picnic, happy hours, etc.) - Shareholders who lead with integrity
Great people, great place to go to work every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can work with top-notch clients, move your career forward, and increase your technical skills while enjoying balance at home, then this is your opportunity!
Should you have an interest, please contact me and we can set up a time to discuss in greater detail. I look forward to speaking with you!
Experience: • State of Texas CPA license is required. • Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in area of specialization required. • At least five years of public accounting experience to include a minimum of seven years’ experience at the Senior Manager/ Director level.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Professional Competence and Technical Development o Complete Continuing Professional Education (CPE) to achieve or maintain professional certification, as well as increase expertise and industry specialization as determined by their mentor. o Become a resource to others in a specific industry. o Seek to overcome any technical, operational, or professional deficiencies that the evaluating supervisor may have observed. o Meet charge hour goal of 1,550 hours. o Manage multiple engagements as assigned by Shareholders, Tax Directors and/or Tax Senior Managers. o Perform technical reviews. o Plan, supervise, and complete assignments within budget. o Review various tax returns/trial balances prepared by supervisors, seniors, staff, and interns. o Demonstrate an awareness of firm software packages and the ability to use such software effectively. o Demonstrate effective oral communication skills through preparing and leading internal meetings and/or training. o Maintain highest professional ethics and promote the profession.
• Client Service Satisfaction o Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the client’s business that extends beyond tax related aspects. o Develop and maintain strong business relationships with individual clients and appropriate client representatives. o Identify issues and recommend creative solutions to complex client issues. o Organize work schedule in a manner that ensures timely and priority-sensitive services to clients, o Proactively champion an attitude of quality service. o Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients. o Become key contact for client questions. o Manage client expectations concerning new accounting standards and projects. o Assume responsibility for billing function with assigned clients. o Ensure wrap-up is completed on all assigned engagements and/or other projects. o Meet delivery date of projects. o Communicate with Shareholders, Tax Directors and/or Tax Senior Managers on assigned client engagements.
• Staff Development o Supervise and direct interns, staff, seniors, supervisors, and managers. Provide feedback to them and the Shareholders, Tax Directors and/or Tax Senior Managers. o Review the work of all levels below you on engagement. o Proactively involved in the recruitment of new (experienced and inexperienced) staff. o Train all team members. o Demonstrate the ability to serve as a role model and coach for all levels below you.
• Practice Management and Firm Profitability o Assist the Shareholders, Tax Directors and/or Tax Senior Managers with firm administration, quality control, staff training, and other duties as assigned. o Participate in the firm's mentor program. o Serve on internal firm committees or assist with internal projects as requested. Ensure effective participation in the firm’s billing and collection process by the timely and correct entering of time in the firm's time and billing system. o Assist with the billing and collection on engagements that you are assigned.
• Practice Development o Recognize cross-selling opportunities and follow-up leads with appropriate client personnel. o Maintain a network of professional relationships.
• Personal Growth o Seek leadership roles in professional and community organizations. o Exhibit effective communication and listening skills.