Job Purpose: Responsible for preparing complex tax returns (1040, 1065, 1120,1120S and 1041) as well as compiling financial statements. In addition, as a senior/tax manager you will review federal, state, local, and foreign tax returns and payments. Research as well as supervising staff and engagements is also required.
Duties: * Accomplishes engagements by planning and scheduling work; orienting, training, assigning, and coaching employees.
* Meets engagement standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
* Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
* Recommends tax strategies, plans, and solutions by understanding client's business requirements; identifying, reviewing, and researching federal, state, local, and foreign taxation issues; identifying tax savings.
* Prepares federal, state, local, and foreign tax documents by reviewing and approving preparation of workpapers, positions, schedules, returns, and IRS filings, including those for subsidiaries; reviewing payroll, property, and sales and use, and income taxes.
* Improves client tax administration by recommending procedures, guidelines, systems, documentation, and reporting to federal, state, local, and foreign authorities.
* Manages client engagement expectations by communicating engagement status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
* Promotes business by expanding existing relationships with clients.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking and analyzing new legislation; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Contributes to tax team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Tax, Financial Skills, Accounting, Financial Diagnosis, Analyzing Information , Strategic Planning, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Managing Profitability, Attention to Detail, Legal Compliance. Bachelors or master's degree in accounting or tax required.
min 3 years experience
Bachelors or Master's degree in accounting or tax
Enrolled agent or CPA preferred
Additional Salary Information: 401k
paid time off
About Kaminski & CO PC
Full service CPA firm small to mid size in Houston Westchase area. Large and small business and individual clients. We have clients ranging from farmers to doctors and complex real estate partnerships as well as foreign transactions.